Carolina CoverTech is a contract manufacturer of protective products, with services in product development, industrial sewing, heat sealing, and rigid to flexible conversions. These capabilities allow us to engineer high-quality protective, covering, enclosing, and containing materials. Our team applies creativity and technology to overcome obstacles in traditional storage products.
Learn more about the types of industrial cover materials, their applications, and our capabilities.
Types of Industrial Cover Materials
Many types of industrial, high-performance fabrics are available as equipment covers. Each fabric has different characteristics and benefits.
- Cotton: Cotton is a natural fiber textile that becomes stronger when wet. Cotton duck is a common industrial fabric that’s strong, durable, and water-resistant.
- Canvas: Canvas is a heavy-duty cotton duck fabric. Its tight weave protects equipment from harsh weather, sun, and wind. Waterproofing treatments for canvas make it suitable for marine equipment covers.
- PVC: PVC is a synthetic vinyl fabric that is durable in all types of weather conditions. It’s easy to clean, flexible, flame-resistant, and water-resistant.
- Polyethylene: Polyethylene fabric is an industrial plastic that is strong, durable, and abrasion-resistant. It can be customized for transparency for see-through machine covers.
- Polypropylene: Polypropylene is a synthetic fabric resistant to chemicals, odors, moisture, and stains. It dries quickly, and the synthetic fibers are non-allergenic. The material also has a variety of indoor and outdoor uses because of its water-repellent properties.
Common Industrial Applications
One of the most popular applications of industrial fabrics is protecting non-waterproof portable storage containers from the elements. Polyethylene spill pallets capture any liquids spilled from storage containers, protecting the environment from contamination. Flexible, built-in bladder systems double their capacity. Both the storage container and spill pallet must be covered to prevent rain from getting inside.
Custom equipment covers are also suitable for industrial and commercial applications. At construction sites, they can prevent soil, stones, and sand from washing away in rain and windstorms. As boat, car, golf cart, and truck covers, the material can protect against damage from the sun. The covers also protect outdoor events from being interrupted by inclement weather.
Other industrial applications of custom covers include:
- Aircraft covers
- Industrial containment
- Portable building enclosures
- Insulation/climate barriers
- Emergency medical response
- Airport transportation and security
- Recreational/offroad vehicle covers
- Electronics protection
Carolina CoverTech Cover Solutions
Carolina CoverTech offers versatile, weather-resistant protection with a range of customization for different shapes and sizes. We design, develop, and manufacture high-quality, industrial fabric products that contain, protect, cover, and enclose. Our covers are reusable and allow for easy repairs to extend their life.
We specialize in waterproof cover systems that protect non-waterproof storage containers from rain. Using RF welding and heat sealing, industrial sewing techniques, and specialty fasteners, our covers offer long-lasting all-weather protection. The material also allows you to digitally print marketing content onto the covers, such as custom logos, names, websites, phone numbers, and slogans.
Download our brochure for more industrial fabric cover solutions.
Contact Our Experts for Premium Industrial Fabric Covers
Since 1858, over 250 companies have relied on our ability to produce weather-resistant, water-tight, and flexible manufacturing innovations. At Carolina CoverTech, we create protective products for golf carts and bags, inflatable bladders, and more. Contact us today to learn more about our custom cover solutions and other capabilities.