Job Opening: Production Manager
Our mission at Carolina Covertech is To Make Life Better for our customers, team members, trade-partners, and the community in which we serve. We are currently seeking an experienced Production Manager to join our team and oversee our manufacturing operations.
If you are a KPI driven Production Manager with a passion for operations excellence, we invite you to apply to join the CCT team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional growth and development. Please submit your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com
Reports to: COO
Job Summary: Lead plant with a focus on safety, quality, delivery, and cost through a process-driven approach.
- Accountable for establishing a Lean culture and implementation of key Continuous Improvement tools (One-piece flow, Lean Daily Management, Standard Work, Kanban pull system, Problem Solving Process etc.).
- Developing and executing manufacturing optimization plan.
- Developing strategy around OTD, capital utilization, labor and material efficiencies, and engineering effectiveness; setting long-term objectives for the business.
- Managing KPIs and other metrics around quality, productivity, purchasing, material usage, logistics, labor productivity, warehouse cost, and freight management.
- Ensure engagement and clarity on the key priorities through a cadence of L10 meetings, KPI reviews and action planning to remove obstacles and meet objectives.
- Develop and maintain a high performing organization through selection, direction, coaching and training.
- Mentor and empower operations team to fully own and drive the performance, quality, accountability, and engagement of their organization.
- Partner with functional leaders to enhance operational capabilities.
Key Performance Measurables
- OTD, Lines on backlog, indirect labor, cost of goods sold, gross profit and RMA’s.
- Lead continuous improvement cultural transformation.
- Implement Lean Methodologies.
- Improve efficiency and margins.
Most Important Competencies Required
- Proven experience implementing lean
- Ability to operate both tactically and strategically.
- Defining future direction of the plant; foster culture of change with a hands-on management style.
- Experience with manufacturing optimization and footprint analysis.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- BS in Engineering, Business, or Management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in operations management.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement.
- Knowledge with the EOS operating system is a plus