Carolina CoverTech is a contract manufacturer of protective products, with services in product development, industrial sewing, heat sealing, and rigid to flexible conversions. These capabilities allow us to engineer high-quality protective, covering, enclosing, and containing materials. Our team applies creativity and technology to overcome obstacles in traditional storage products.
Our customers rely on our industrial covers and tarps for diverse industries and applications, including:
- Portable storage units: These units are often kept or transported outdoors, so they must have protective covers that can withstand the elements.
- Plant/Facility safety: Most manufacturing companies and facilities are mandated by certain regulations to protect their equipment and employees. These types of covers help them stay compliant:
- Covers for demolition/debris
- Intermediate bulk container (IBC) covers
- Oil & Gas, Diesel: These industries require protection for heavy-duty, valuable equipment. For example, IBC tote covers can protect tanks from harsh environmental conditions.
- Rail & Transportation: The transportation and rail industry uses covers to secure and protect freight and other goods during transit.
- Medical: Covers for medical applications include equipment covers, drapes, and room dividers.
Learn more about the common materials and applications of our industrial tarps and covers.
Applications & Common Materials for DuraTarp
Our industrial covers are suitable for industrial and agricultural applications, protecting equipment and machinery from environmental factors. At construction sites, they can prevent soil, stones, and sand from washing away in rain and windstorms.
Carolina CoverTech manufactures our industrial covers from canvas, nylon, polyethylene, PVC, polypropylene, and more, and each material comes with its own set of strengths and weaknesses that determine its ideal application. At Carolina CoverTech, we use high-quality industrial covers for improved longevity and weather resistance.
**Break out material section**
- Nylon: Nylon is a durable, waterproof material that has exceptional elasticity, meaning it can return to its original shape after stretching.
- PVC: PVC is very durable and completely waterproof. It can be welded through radiofrequency (RF) welding. Carolina CoverTech offers a variety of PVC covers, including a lightweight (8 ounces per square yard), durable option as well as a heavyweight (40 ounces per square yard) option. PVC covers are commonly used in the transportation industry for truck loading.
- Geomembranes: Geomembranes are polymeric sheets used to control fluid movement and stabilize the earth in manmade systems. They are environmentally friendly, durable, and chemical-resistant. The most common applications for geomembrane covers are for landfills and pond liners.
- TPUs: Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) materials are extremely durable, with high puncture resistance. Like PVC, it can be RF welded.
- Canvas: Canvas covers are heavy, durable cotton duck materials suitable for outdoor use. Its tightly woven structure can protect equipment from sun exposure and high winds. Waterproofing canvas makes it fit for covering marine equipment.
- Polypropylene and polyethylene: Polyethylene is an abrasion-resistant, durable cover material that can be made transparent. Polypropylene is resistant to odors, stains, chemicals, and moisture. Its non-allergenic fibers dry quickly, so the material is ideal for both outdoor and indoor applications. Both types of tarps are cost-efficient and provide water resistance without chemical coatings. Carolina CoverTech also offers coated laminates for these materials.
Benefits of Our Industrial Covers
Our products offer versatile, weather-resistant protection with a range of customization for different shapes and sizes. The materials are reusable and allow for easy repairs to extend their life. Branding your company directly on your product can make it useful for marketing as well as protective purposes.
Partner With Carolina CoverTech for Your Cover Solutions
At Carolina CoverTech, our experience is unmatched. We have been in business since 1858 and have served over 250 companies with innovative cover solutions. Our high level of experience in industrial markets means we can solve problems quickly at any stage of the product development process, from design to delivery. We offer a variety of capabilities for a multitude of industries and applications, with virtually endless opportunities to develop custom solutions. Read more about our capabilities or contact us today to learn more about our products.