Our mission at Carolina Covertech is To Make Life Better for our customers, team members, trade-partners, and the community in which we serve. We are currently seeking an experienced Accounting Clerk to join our team.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional growth and development. Please submit your resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opening: Accounting Clerk
Summary: Reporting to the Accounting and HR Specialist, perform a variety of tasks associated with maintaining accurate accounting of the company’s financial transactions, including billing, payables, data entry and filing.
Specific Job Duties
1. Match purchase orders with incoming vendor invoices to ensure accuracy. Prepare invoices for payment ensuring payment date is in accordance with previously negotiated payment terms. Refer any discrepancies to the supervisor for resolution.
2. Perform day to day accounting transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts payable and other accounting data.
3. Reconcile the accounts payable data entered onto the financial system to ensure the payable transaction is properly coded according to the chart of accounts classifications.
4. Identify any invoices not yet submitted by vendors against open purchase orders and ensure the Purchasing team is aware of such discrepancies.
5. Generate accounting detail and summary reports as directed.
6. Maintain accurate paper filing system as well as accurate electronic filing systems and records as directed.
7. Perform other related duties as necessary
High school or business school graduate or equivalent plus 1-2 years of experience in an office setting performing related bookkeeping or accounting work. Strong attention to detail, follow through, data entry and verbal communication skills are required. Ability to follow direction and generate accurate work by required deadlines is also required.
Competencies or Success Factors
1. Communication Skills – Demonstrates ability to speak and present information in a clear, and concise manner in a way that ensures understanding.
2. Computer Skills – Demonstrates experience and competence in office productivity tools such as word processing, spreadsheet and email. Demonstrates experience in functional software use such as accounting or other related business functions.
3. Detail Orientation – Demonstrates ability to complete all tasks with great attention to accuracy, regardless of magnitude.
4. General Accounting Ability – Demonstrates knowledge of such accounting functions as accounts payable, general ledger, invoicing and related areas.
5. Organization – Demonstrates ability to arrange own work and develop orderly and functionally efficient work processes for the timely accomplishment of assignments.
6. Work Standards – Consistently sets high standards of performance for self; can be counted on to take responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; has self-imposed standards of excellence.